Saturday 2 March 2013

61 - CSI Challenge - Destination





Orange is not usually a go to colour for me, but I loved seeing all the interpretations of this scheme from the design team at CSI.  The challenge was released today and you have until March 10th play along.

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-61-case-closes-on-march-10-2013?xg_source=msg_mes_network

A favourite photo of my son and his partner was the kick start for this palette. I used a beautifully textured paper by Authentique as the base and Graphic 45 to provide the orange.  It should have been a walk in the park.  However, not content with the finished product, I took it one step too far and made a “bleep bleep”.  I managed to claw back from the brink and cover my mess, but it was perilously close to going in the bin.  I’ve added a touch of teal within the 10% limit.


I made the butterfly with a die and acetate, then coloured it with alcohol inks.  



EVIDENCE
Butterfly
Rub ons
Gold accents (butterfly body)

TESTIMONY
I chose to use the inspirations words Dream Big.

THE JOURNALLING READS 
Unlike people of my generation, who had a career for life, you and your partner were courageous enough to dream big and follow your bliss.  You resigned your permanent jobs and set off on a working visa to London. Five years later, you have back packed, tented, hiked and volunteered in more countries than most people do in a lifetime. You’ve learned so much about other cultures, yourselves and each other, that I’m afraid you may never want to settle back in Australia.   Who could have imagined that our shy little boy would become so intrepid and tenacious?  I’m so excited about your visit and counting the sleeps until we see you again.  

MATERIALS USED
Authentique patterned paper - Renew Collection, “Foundation Two”
Graphic 45 patterned paper - Place in Time, June Cut-Aparts
Bazzil Cardstock - White
Imaginarium Chipboard
Kaisercraft clear stamps - Postmark and Pack your bags collection
Kaisercraft acetate embellishment - Pack your bags collection
Kaisercraft Rubons - Dreams
Crafter’s workshop template - Tiny circles
Prima embellishment - Say it with crystals
Atelier Gesso
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - Lemon zest and Golden Terracotta
Prima chalk ink - Rusty keys
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye and Rusty Hinge
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink - Butterscotch and Terracotta
Royal Coat - Dimensional magic
Marianne Design Die - Butterfly LR0114
Spellbinders die - Labels eight
Ruby Rock-It - ATC cards, The Summer House
Acetate


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Helen this is just amazing I would never guess that orange was not your colour. How wonderful for your son and his girl to take off like that and learn about life this way. Wonderful experiences and lessons for them both I am sure. This is always a worry for me that my kids will take off and I wont get to see them so often. I hope that you have a wonderful visit with them. I love the butterfly... the alcohol inks worked so perfectly on this. Another stunning layout from you. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wee this is so fabulous, love the details and all the journalling. wonderful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just LOOOOOVE your journaling....my boy has just left today for USA for 3 months...& it sounds like yours is on his way home!!! That butterfly is scrumptious & the colours are great......love that stamp cluster, bottom right - great idea...it's been stored away:):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing Helen.... the butterfly is beautiful. Love the stamping and inking. Beautiful x
    I have given you a Blog Award, pop over to my blog to find out the details.
    Enjoy your week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen I passed the Liebster Award on to you... I just love your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete