Saturday 20 April 2013

CSI Case File - 68 - Broken


 I wanted to go with humour this week, but I did not have a photo to work with the "silly" prompt.  As the colours seemed a little sombre to me,  I worked with the "Write a poem prompt" and wrote about a significant friendship.  

It explores the way I felt during the friendship, rather than when it ended. Now, I realize it was a toxic friendship, one where I was frequently given the cold shoulder, not knowing or understanding what the problem was. Had I done something wrong, offended in some way?  Out of the blue, I would be re-instated, without any explanation and expected to act as though nothing had happened.  I’m not sure why I tolerated such capricious behaviour.  I think I must have had my Saint Helen crown on, thinking if only I tried harder and more carefully, everything would be harmonious.  Eventually, I realized that the harder I tried, the more outrageous the expectations became and I sadly walked away.






OUT FOR

PUBLICATION



EVIDENCE
Clouds 
Polka dots
Stripes (paper behind the image)
Small brads
Flowers
Stitching
Paint
Pen work

TESTIMONY
I wrote a poem

THE JOURNALLING READS
I glimpse your face in my dreams now
you broke the deep sworn vow
of friendship

Your sparkling eyes no longer 
welcome me with acceptance
and radiance
Familiar bonds once uniting us
lie severed on the path
which entices you away

I am discarded, like an old toy
forsaken, bereft, abandoned
as you disappear into the crowd


MATERIALS
Stamp - "On the Porch" Paper Bag Studio
Prima - Lifetime collection “Quilter”
Prima - Alphabet #550066
Prima mask - 
My Mind’s Eye - Unforgettable collection “Today” (both sides)
My Mind’s Eye - Unforgettable collection “Authentic” (reverse)
Kaisercraft clear stamp - “Arty’
Kaisercraft - Brads
Kaisercraft - Acrylic paint - Black
Liquitex Gloss - Heavy Gel
E.K. Success - Flower punch
Tattered Angels Glimmermist - “Creme de Chocolate”
ColorBox Chalk ink - Dark Brown
Studio Calico - Chip Shapes - Clouds
Ranger Distress Stain - Walnut Stain
Zig pen - Black



Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous bg work, Helen...& those 'banners' under the stamped pic...YUMMMY!!! Great poem....with age comes wisdom, eh???!!! Glad you let THAT friendship slide!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this Helen .. such a touching enlightening and vintage creation . well done you xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to stop by and let you know how much I love this layout. So different for you and I had to go back a bit just to make sure :) I love the artsy look too... you have such a distinctive style and I love it. I wonder why we tolerate these toxic friendships at all, never mind for any length of time. All I can say is, it is her loss. :D big hugs. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is a very vintage page with a touch of colour..very lovely, great poem too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Helen I really love this LO..... love the distressing,the stitching, the touches of colour and the poem you have written.....Beautifil !
    Have a fabulous week. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page Helen...even though so sad! Love the artsy look with the splats and your sewing...really very cool! You did a stunning job with this challenge! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pleased I got to see this IRL ... exquiste LO and gifted journaling .
    thanks also for the beautiful day yesterday. xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this page Helen. It really touched a chord with me as I too have been discarded with no explanation but not by a friend, unfortunately by a family member. I like your way with words, they are always touching. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and beautiful pages. xx

    ReplyDelete