Saturday 25 May 2013

73 CSI Challenge - Cheeky


A beautiful combo this week and I had a photo of one of the twins wearing these colours.  I was lucky enough to attend a workshop with the inspirational artist Finnabair a little while ago.  This layout was inspired by her style.

The photo was taken on the twins first birthday.  Unfortunately the pics of them eating their cakes were  mostly out of focus, so this is the next best thing.  This one captures the spirit of DGS perfectly.
I wouldn't normally use so much product on one page, but found it quite liberating to use the materials left over from the workshop.

It's hard to see the Kaisercraft stamping around the muslin, but it added some definition which I like.
And a couple of closies


EVIDENCE
Circles - the metal embellies
Leaves
Tone on tone - I tried to achieve with the misting
Something upside down - I used the flower mask upside down.

TESTIMONY
I chose to write from the inspirations words, wander, go, free

Where ever you wander and no matter what life sends your way, I know you will embrace everything with curiosity and exuberance.  I love that you find rhythm in the smallest of sounds and try to replicate them by humming and a bit of soft shoe shuffle. Luckily you landed in exactly the right family; they encourage you to be a free spirit whilst guiding you with clear boundaries and unconditional love.  I hope I’m around to see you grow up.  Go well little boy.    Love Granny

MATERIALS
Greyboard - Imaginarium 
Chipboard Alphabet - Imaginarium
Prima patterned paper - Sunrise, sunset collection “”Del Sol”
Prima - Vintage mechanicals, Bottle Caps
Prima - Vintage Mechanicals Metal FLOWERS, Medium 960315 by Finnabair
Prima - Vintage mechanical Washers
Prima - Vintage mechanicals, Brads
Prima - Leaves Grove Blue 
Prima Mask- Donna Downey studios “Hollyhock”
Prima Mask - “Lattice”
The Crafter’s workshop Template - Tiny Circles
Tattered Angels Glimmermist, Patina and Walnut Gold
Kaisercraft - clear stamp - Arty
Kaisercraft - Flowers
Kaisercraft - Pearls
Atelier Gesso
Derivan - Impasto Medium
Dylusions Ink Spray - Squeezed Orange
Ranger distress ink - Brushed Corduory
Tim Holtz - Metal Word Key
Magnolia - Chandalier garland “blue”
Green Tara - Metal embellishment Large Round # MELR 13 
Green Tara - Wire Heart (WH 178Go)
Muslin Gauze - Spotlight
Buttons- Vintage from my Mother’s stash


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Totally ADORABLE....the title, those little texturized circles, the flower trails & most of all the 'goodies' under the photo....Finn has freed you in a VERY positive way:):):)!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cutie in the photograph, love the details on your layout, the background is amazing, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful......sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Cheryl... I love this layout and I am loving the change in your backgrounds. So nice that this hobby of our allows us to experiment and change and grow...I always loved your style but your backgrounds are beyond amazing (something I am really struggling with)... Your journalling is just so insightful and inspiring and I really love just how in tune you are to your grandies. I think they are lucky to have landed SUCH a wonderful family... I love love that orange mask/stamp... it is so pretty. Way to go Helen... you are rocking these challenges and I love it. :D xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. BeaUTiful Helen, LOVE the colour combo and loving all the texture & your cluster around the photo, I REALLY love the orange vines mask under the photo, great to see you playing with texture and your journalling is always so heartful and amazing
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Helen, your work inspires me so much. Especially your journalling. Your background textures in this page is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing all your amazing work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super page Helen! I love the textures on the background and your colour work! Stunning! Love those gorgeous embellies and blooms too...and of course...the sweet, sweet photo! Gorgeous work...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Helen this is gorgeous in every way...... Love the textured and coloured background, the big cluster and the adorable photo.
    Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous Helen. I still have lots of Prima stuff from Finnabairs workshop that I must use. You've woven it in between the flowers on here and it works.
    In answer to your comment on my blog,it was my daughter's christening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow this is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your vibrant layout! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, Helen! So glad you liked my video at ScrapFriends ♡
    This is such a beautiful layout - love the cluster of flowers!

    ReplyDelete