Saturday 1 June 2013

74 - CSI Challenge - Happy Days

The challenge this week is for those who love the super bright  colours.  Think vibrant gelati and sophisticated cocktails.  My first thought was to put my sunglasses on, but I had fun with the challenge and stepped outside my comfort zone, so I hope you will too.

Here's how I cracked the case.

I found the perfect pink on a recent trip to my LSS and I thought it matched well with some older MME and a Kaiser butterly.  I introduced the chippie to add a bit of grunge.
A couple of closies, this one to show the beads on the butterfly
And this one to show the embossed metal flowers


I made a terrible mess with the pink dylusions which has been covered by the buttons.  They are not quite where I would chosen to put them, but a good disguise all the same.

EVIDENCE
Metal - the embossed flowers
Beads - on the butterfly
Flowers

TESTIMONY
I used the inspiration words: Cute, Little and Bright

The journalling is about our DGD.  It's on the back of the layout and reads:

This photo was taken on your very first sleep over with Granny and Pa.  To everyone’s surprise you slept all night, waking up as bright as a button. There was no time to get you dressed, as you immediately wanted to be outside, exploring in your cute pink pyjamas.

This big old vintage bike was no challenge for you, even though at 15 months you are still a tiny little girl. You’re as game as Ned Kelly, and as happy as the day is long; always wanting to have a go, no matter how difficult the task.  Like a butterfly, you flit from one thing to the next, never settling in one spot for more than a minute.

Although you love pretty colours like pink and purple and you adore your dolls, you are equally at home with dirt, bikes and soccer balls; no gender stereotyping for you.  Your vocabulary is sparse, but despite that, it’s wonderful to observe you honing your interpersonal skills by negotiation and a beaming smile.   Love Granny

MATERIALS
American crafts - Dedar Lizzy, 5th and Frolic (reverse) the hot pink
My Mind's Eye - Unforgettable, "Today" the yellow polka dots
My Mind's Eye - Memorable, "Journey" (the days)
My Mind's Eye - Kate & Co, Decorative buttons
Simple Stories - Vintage bliss brads 
Prima - Say it in crystals
Kaisercraft - Rhinstones for a cause
Kaisercraft - Pink Pearls
Kaisercraft - Tigerlilly Collection - Freesia (butterfly)
Mill Hill - Seed beads
Dylusions Ink - Bubblegum pink
American crafts embossing powder - Zing
Martha Stewart Punch - Marguerite Daisy
Ranger ink - Jet Black
Scrap FX chipboard -
Spellbinder - Die - Fancy tag
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Just Beautiful Helen...sweet pic, perfect background paper,love the chippie, the butterfly and fab splattering of buttons and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Cracked the case to perfection, and your journalling is to "die" for ( although I certainly hope I don't just yet) I have been cruising around CSI for a while now and just about to take the plunge, would have loved to start with this challenge but no time now with Brisbane looming around the next bend.Thank you so much for all the encouragement you give me via my blog, Love your work as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love that the "accident" created such a cool design with button placement! Such sweet journaling too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I would call that a Kismet (a blessing in disguise) Helen because I simply LOVE the trail of buttons covering the Dylusions :) Lovely layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet page Helen, for such a sweet little girl! Love the clean lines and the super embellies! Love that chippie down the photo on the left hand side! So great to see how close you are to your family and that Granny and Pa are close at hand! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!!! I love this sooooooo much!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen I love this layout and I am not surprised that she was as happy as a bug at her granny and granpa's house for a sleep over. All your grandies sound like happy, well adjusted, independent littlies. Such a sweet photo of her on her BIG bike. I would not have noticed the whoopsie if you had not pointed it out... because then I had to look for it of course. Your journaling is a treat to read as always. I so look forward to my weekly insights into your lovely family :D xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I love your journaling....it really is so 'real'....& Dylusions, great ink...but man, if it's on, it's on!!! Well done covering it up & I wouldn't have guessed:):) LOOOOVE those metal embellies, too...& that black chippy on the left looks YUM:):):) Soooo happy to be over at CSI with your guys this month, too:):):)

    ReplyDelete