Sunday 13 October 2013

93 CSI Challenge The Boys

There is a bonus sketch this week at CSI from the talented Emma Stafrace.  The colours lend themselves to any kind of layout as you can see from the examples by the Design Team.
The idea is to use a minimum of two pieces of evidence and a minimum of one piece of testimony. I chose to reverse the sketch to suit my photo.
This weeks whimsical photo was such fun to work with. Thanks Debbie, you always come up with something wonderful to inspire us.


EVIDENCE
Airplane accent
Numbers
Something dangling (the twine)
Pinwheel
Plaid (the red and yellow pp)
Mixed media background
Triangles
String
Tags

TESTIMONY
I was daring and went to the journal prompt.  This lead me to write about something which makes me laugh.  I didn’t have far to look.  The journalling reads.

You little boys make me laugh every time we see you.  Your honesty and lack of inhibition allows you to say what you think and ask what you need to know.

One of you innocently asked me “Granny, do you know you’ve got a big bottom?”   The other one suggested, having noticed my daggy threadbare grey cardigan.  “Take that off, Granny, it’s just not nice.”  You crack me up little boys.

On this stinking hot summer day you had been in a little plastic pool, pouring water over each other and shrieking with delight.   All it took was for one of you to seize the other’s bucket and a tussle ensued.

Here you are looking a bit sombre, because Pa and I had declared a cease fire and you were miffed about having to sit on the bench for a couple of minutes.                    Love Granny,  January 2013

MATERIALS
Carta Bella - Alphabet Junction, “Dear little dots” (background)
October afternoon - Farm fresh “Root cellar”
My Mind’s Eye - Find your wings and fly, “Admit one” (Tags)
Making Memories - Casual Plaid “Lemon”
Making Memories - NW Delaney Die Cut Stamp (Stamp like border)
Green spot paper and Snoopy images (unknown from a $2 shop)
Bo Bunny Chipboard - Double dot (the number 2)
Stamp it stamp - Mixed numbers
Colorbox ink - Olive pastel
Ranger Acrylic paint - Citrus
Derivan Matisse - Texture paste
Atelier - Gesso
The crafter’s workshop Stencil - mini Aztec
Tomorrow’s Memories - Twine
Prima wood embellishment - Aeroplane  
Imaginarium chipboard - Title


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic page Helen, kiddies and their choice comments crack me up, Tige does this all the time never a boring day! Love that you flipped the sketch too by the way, awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are such cuties Helen . love your page , and fabulous take on the case and the sketch xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandsons are so cute! Love the look at their faces :)). And your story is so lovely. I relly enjoyed reading it. I'm so sorry I didn't documented my kids' saying when they were at that age. Love your take on the sketch, I really love the triangle stencil with the modeling paste - it looks great. You did a fantastic job with the case file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee!!! It shows...the miffedness!!!! I looooove the way you've used that texture on the bg, with those geometric white shapes...& the little plane! Perfect embellie......& the Snoopy images are PERFECT....I'll have to look out at the cheapy shop, eh???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute page, love reading your journalling so fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...this is just a super and cute page Helen! I love your journalling and the sweet photo of these 2 little boys! Great styling on your page too...love the simplicity, which you have done so well! So many people think "simple" is easy and it's really not...even I struggle with that often! BUT this ia really a beautiful example and this precious little moment is beautifully documented! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this has made me smile, what gorgeous little chaps and they would be lots of fun..loved the story's you have told here.. and the layout is a delight, love the serious photo of the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! LoLoloL!! What hilarious journaling! So that is what I have to look forward to next then!! Lovely page too. Meticulous perfection!! I love that your layouts are so beautifully executed :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love the journaling! Good on you for getting the story on paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup! been there too but in my case it was my big hug-worthy tummy and an innocent question about whether I was expecting kitties! ha ha! You really are THE best story writer, sure you haven't contemplated writing a book?! I so envy your clean perfect pages, cannot for the world make them myself but really really love them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete