Saturday 18 January 2014

Love you more

This was a DT project created for a colour challenge at CSI.
The challenge is to use all the colours, at least two of the evidence prompts
 and at least one of the testimony prompts.
I'd love to see you come and play; you have until 26th January to join in.
At first I thought the colours looked a bit girly, 
but I wanted to use this photo of the boys  
and why shouldn't they have pretty colours?
The majority of the papers came from one sheet of American Craft paper,  
Dear Lizzy "This and that"
My favourite stamp from Kaisercraft and the number stencil by Tim Holtz
 The long coral strip is from My Mind's Eye, as is the ombre green strip
The yummy flair came from Scrap Friends - it's by "Hello dreams"
 The admit one ticket was a gift from a scrappy friend
The perfect peach coloured brad was in a RAK parcel from the very generous
Do have a look at her blog, it's chock full of exquisite art

EVIDENCE
Ombre effect
Arrow (on flair)
Clouds
Grid design
Numbers
Circles
Stripes
White background

TESTIMONY  These twin brothers, aged 2 years and 10 months are best mates.   Their parents had recently been overseas to London and Paris and Utrecht.  They are used to the idea of family and friends flying all over the world in our global village. 

I chose to use the inspiration words good and bright to kick start my journalling.  The words are on the back and they read:-

Though battered and rickety this vintage tricycle is a firm favourite at Granny and Pa’s home.  Luckily, it has a driver’s seat and a navigator’s step, so there is plenty of room for two.  
“Where shall we go today ?”  
“I think maybe London.”  
“O.K. I can show you the way to London, then you show me the way to Paris.”  
“O.K. good idea.”  “Let’s go, Brmmm....Brmmmm.”   
“Are we at the aiport yet?  Brmmm....Brmmmm.”
“Yep, here’s the airport.” (screeching to a halt next to the orange tree.)
“Bye Granny and Pa, see you next week.” 
“Did you bring your backpack?” (from Mr Organiser?)
“Yep, here is is” (bright eyes brandishes the cloth from the chalkboard)
“Where is your ticket?” (Dotting i’s and crossing t’s)
“Oh dear, I forgot!” (looking sad)
“Don’t worry, here you go” (picks a leaf off the orange tree)
“That’s good, thank you” (perks up again)
“That’s O.K.” (looking happy to help)
“Bye Granny, bye Pa, don’t be sad, we’ll be back soon”
And so they were, with their bright little faces and their fertile minds, they fill our lives with joy and make it good to be alive.  Love Granny 

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. soooooooooooooooooooo beautiful, and you have such a way with words my friend ... absolutely brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, boys deserve beautiful colors :) Love the clean design with so much white space. Your embellies are goreous.
    But most of all I love your story. such a delightful converstion between the two of them.
    Thank you for sharing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...such a SWEET story....great imagination..I so hope Lucas will be similar! Nothing like pretend play....LOOOVE your page, too, especially the 'altered' ticket & I'm soooo much a 'lover' of those Hello Dreams badges...my FAVES....& indeedy, Boys should have bright colours. Pink as well:):)!!!! I Should scrap about Lucas's pink & purple bike/trike!!!! From the op shop, of course:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you took me right back to my Trike days might have to dig that pic out and tag you on Fb. Your precious grandkiddies are so so sweet, I love to read your journaling, your stories are always little pearls and momento's of a snippet in your day and I love being transported into them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helen, thanks for your kinds words, on my blog post.
    Love your page! I have a similar photo of when I was 3. I'm going to try and hunt it down to scrap too! Love the journaling, a lot! just gorgeous and special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh how I loved reading the boys' conversation! how you have captured their littlest gestures and intonations, just brilliant! Well, you know I use flowers on any page no matter who or what the subject in my photo is, this is such a marvellous page - of course the colours are perfect for little boys too!! Glad the brad came to use ;)) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet page...and I do love how you have captured that conversation forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sweet page Helen! Love how kids can transport themselves to anywhere...and just have fun with a dream! We should be more like kids and dream ourselves to faraway places.
    The colours are just perfect and they are my favourite combo at the moment...so fresh and carefree! Just perfect for this page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A super gorgeous layout Helen....love the bright colours on the white background...brilliant journaling as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so far behind in my visits again... but thankfully I think I am on top of everything now. I am not going to make this weeks case file... I just don't have anything left. :) but Feb is clear and I hope to manage my time better... so I am here now. I can't believe these little boys are getting so big. :) I love that you encourage them to play outside and with their own imaginations. Not enough of that done these days... I am already planning to buy things for them to play with outside and they are not even out of hospital yet :d I love the clean lines of this layout (just my style) and the bright happy colours and that trike looks like such fun... :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok so third time lucky :) Keep losing connection :P
    I love this layout. Perfect clean lines and I love the bright colours. I can't believe how big these littlies are getting and I love that they play outside and with their imaginations. I wish more kids would do that. I am already planning what to get mine and they are not even out of hospital yet :D
    Can't believe I am so behind on my visits... this month has been so darn hectic. Today for the first time I feel like I am on top of things....:/

    ReplyDelete