Sunday 23 February 2014

Play - Remember this

Today I'm sharing a layout for CSI design team.  
I hope you will use the link 
CSI - color stories inspiration
to pop over and see the wonderful examples created by the rest of the team.

I struggled a bit with this colour palette until I found 
an old paper with the pink tones on it.  
I used a sketch from PURPLE PUMPKIN which I really love.
The photo is not the best quality, but it was a happy day so it made the cut.
The green paper is from by Paper loft - Granny’s House, Tatting/Tea time
The brown, floral paper is also Paper Loft - Back Country, “Mountain meadow”
The orange is from Echo Park - “Borders”
The wooden title and stars are from Studio Calico
The wooden ruler is by Prima 
The border punch is by Martha Gardner - embossed zigzag
I also used the tags from the back of the Echo Park
The cute little monkey is from Kaisercraft - Hello Sunshine collectables

EVIDENCE
Animal accent
Wood
Border punch
Dry embossing (on orange paper)
Three of something (the titles)

TESTIMONY
I used the inspiration words, Giggle and Enjoy as part of the journalling which is on the back of the page.

I found this quote recently and it reminded me to treat children as unique individuals, each with their own gifts and talents.   Not that there is any danger of you and your twin being lumped together in a “one size fits all” approach, because you just would not respond to that.  You are different is almost every way.  Occasionally you come to blows, if your brother has something you’d like and vice versa.   I am surprised at how readily you share, once you’ve had a won the battle.  You are such lucky boys to have Parents that make you giggle, who enjoy playing with you, and are happy to take you to playgroup to meet your little friends.  Journalling   9 Feb ’14    Love Granny  

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes your work is so perfect I think it's digital ....& that's what I thought her til I saw the closies!!! I adore this page. The CAS approach really does work well for some pages...& that quote! Looooove it:):):) I know you haven't got this up over at Purple Pumpkin yet...but I'm sure you WILL have, so I'm saying thanks for joining in, while I'm here;)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really great sketch, love what you have done with these colors, something very mystical about this LO ... love x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just delightful Helen! Love how you used the colors and your g-son is precious

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful Helen...love how you used the colours and your take on the PP sketch....gorgeous work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAS is just my style and you do it so perfectly :) I think you used these colours wonderfully and it doesn't look like you struggled with it. I love that quote and your journalling always seems to speak to me :) I love this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable page Helen! your g-son is so cute! love the balance in your page and you did a great job with these colors. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This page is stunning Helen! Really love the design and little accents! Such a great quote and I really love it! You are so right....children are definitely individuals and each develop and grow at their own pace...sometimes I need to be reminded of that too...so thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another delightful page. I can see that your grand babies are as precious to you as mine is to me. I love your journalling and your sprinkle of stars.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely page! and although the photo may not be perfect, it's dear to you and that's what counts!! I love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS perfection. Love all the elements here. And what a darling photo!

    Thanks for joining us at Purple Pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now how cute is that little monkey! and as has been said before me, this is pure CAS delight! hugs,

    ReplyDelete