Friday 2 January 2015

Love - DT page for Scrap Africa sketch 42

Hello there, welcome to my blog 
as we say goodbye to 2014 and welcome in the New Year.

Today I’m sharing my last post as part of the creative team at
Scrap Africa.
 It’s been an honour and a joy to create with Denise van Deventer and the team.  I am unable to continue for a variety of reasons, 
but will always be grateful for the opportunity.
Thank you so much Denise.

I hope you will feel inspired to enter and be eligible for a $30.00 voucher from PPBN Designs or a prize pack from Papermania.

I have used techniques which I learned at an inspirational
class with Louise Nelson. She is an original and creative artist and I feel so lucky that she lives and teaches in my area.  
The Chipboard is by Imaginarium designs
The journalling is on the back and it reads:-

Because we don't see you as frequently now that you are at school, I always try to take a few photos when you come for a sleep over.  These days, you are not as keen to sit for five minutes while I do this and you assume a sad or silly face.   Pa tries to help out, by making rabbit's ears behind me or threatening to drop the washing basket on my head.   Invariably your sense of mischief kicks in and you get the giggles.   I love your sense of humour and the way you take delight in the ridiculous.  As challenges come your way, I hope your sense of fun will help you to always find the rainbows in the rain.
Love Granny - 16 November 2014

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Helen I hope you are doing OK.... my sixth sense is pricking...anyways, this is a really fabulous page....TOTALLY love how you've captured those expressions.....oh, I am already dreading that dratted going to school stuff. I reckon they could learn SOOOO much more by being at the Grandparents house anyways. Hmfff. Still, they grow up & onwards & then we become that bg thing. Sigh. Oh, that's MELANCHOLY! Snapping out of it right now! Speaking of bg's....LOOOOVE tours! You are sooo lucky to be able to have learned from the Master of Master of scrappers!!!!
    Right, now I'm really going OTT the other way. Duh! Shaking my head to get the wobblies off it. I shall desist from commenting further 'til I've had breakfast & I'm sane[r] again:):0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout Helen! Such cute photos! Love the artsy background! So sad to see you step by ~ I always enjoy your projects. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Helen!!! This is amazing!! Very different style for you but simply stunning!!! Love the photos, gives me the giggles just seeing them, and absolutely love this page!! Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Helen. Wishing you all things good. I will miss seeing your inspiration at Scrap Africa . Love this layout, such gorgeous photo's and you have really made them pop. How lucky to do a class and have Lou live nearby. Your journalling as always is inspiring.
    PS Guess what I got hubby for Christmas ! The new Leonard Cohen DVD Live in Dublin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy New Year to you :) wonderful cheeky photos and great effective techniques for the background and chippies , fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous page Helen and love those sweet photo's! I am green with envy that Louise Nelson lives so close to you...she is amazing! ;-) Love that background and the clean styling! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely page and so different from your usual style. .good to get out of comfort zones and onto new challenges. Beautiful words to your grandson...why do they have to grow up so quickly? Wishing you an awesome 2015 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous take and what adorable photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Helen! What a great sketch, and love your take on it.. the paint looks awesome.. and great photos too.. I always enjoy your journalling, and these photos must be very special to you.. I hope the year ahead is full of blessings and moments to make you smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab pag Helen and those pics are fabulous, but most of all I LOOOOOOVE your journalling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you live near Lou? how lucky are you?! Fab lo and I love your journaling as always. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been on my mind a lot of late :) Hope you are doing ok :) I really love that I have someone so wise and generous to guide me down this magical grandie path and I am so grateful. I suspect that this gorgeous boy gets his wicked sense of humour from you and I also hope that he takes it with him all through his life. You have captured the essence of his mischieveous-ness perfectly here.
    Your layout is wonderful and how lovely to have people like Louise so close and teaching. I am very jealous. Gorgeous colours for a young man and I love the design. You rocked this one.
    Denise and SA are going to miss you too :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another stunning page of your lovely Grandson Helen. He is so photogenic :) I'll miss you at Scrap Africa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, striking arty page Helen! Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such gorgeous pictures and wonderful take on the sketch. I love the way you have 'revealed the bones' of the sketch so to speak. What a little charmer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. An absolutely gorgeous page Helen. A great series of photos of your dear GS.
    Always love reading your journaling.
    Enjoy your Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chiming in with Val, me thinks too that your grandies have got a streak or two of mischief from their nana! Lucky lucky you to have taken a class with Miss Loolabelle - she is just one of the stars on the scrappy heavens! This is both so very different but also so "you", really is gorgeous!! xxx

    ReplyDelete