Monday 9 March 2015

Happy - DT layout for CSI 157

Hello scrappy friends, thanks for visiting my blog today.
There is a bonus sketch this week from Em Stafrace 
and the challenge is open for the whole month of March.
to see what the DT and guests have created for your inspiration.
I chose to use Grey at the predominant colour 
and minimal use of the red.
The background paper is from 13@rts, the Timeless collection, Perfect Moment, just the ticket for photos taken on a wedding day.
 The chipboard title and circles are from 2Crafty,
The sparkly dots are "Say it in crystals" by Prima.  
The wooden hearts are by Freckled Fawn
The metal charms are all from Seriously Scrapbooking, my LSS

EVIDENCE
Camera
Circles
Metal
String
Hearts
Distressing

TESTIMONY
I used the words capture and click to inspire my journalling. (My words are on the back of the page)

It can be tricky to capture natural looking photos of my Husband and my Son.  So those two images, which were clicked while they were focussed on something else, (waiting for the bride), are very precious.

They are alike in many ways, both reserved and thoughtful, yet with a quick wit and dry sense of humour.  They are both averse to conflict, but can take a stand, if an issue is important enough to them.

Their gifts of thoughtfulness, generosity and kindness, contribute so much to a relationship, smoothing the way through rare turbulent times, when friction threatens to disturb the peace.

Passionate about their beloved football team, they have been known to scream, shout, jump in the air and disagree (bleep....bleep) with the umpire, both at home and at the game.  Such a contrast to their normal behaviour!  They really are true believers.

In the early days of our marriage, I was surprised that my husband was willing to lend a hand with the household chores, something he was accustomed to, as both his parents were teachers. Mind you, I soon got used to the idea and came to appreciate it enormously!

By his example, our Sons learned how to treat women with respect, to appreciate their views and to share the washing, cooking, cleaning and decision making.

They knew from an early age, that household jobs are not gender specific, that women have a right to work, a right to have their own friends and a right to their own interests. They know, of course, that there must be reciprocity, for none of this could work, if all the giving is one sided. 

To me the essentials of life, are to find someone to love, to find something to do and to have something to look forward to.  We encouraged our Sons to take their time, to travel, not to settle for second best and to wait until the right person came along, before committing to a life together.

To be part of the wedding celebration as our youngest Son married his partner, was an absolute delight.  It's a wonderful thing to see all our chicks settled and happy. 

Our Sons have all found strong, intelligent and beautiful women to spend their lives with and we are delighted that the tradition of equality, set by my husband’s family, continues on to the next generation.

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Helen!! It's always nice to get good pics of 'the boys' isn't it?? It happens very rarely in my family too. The colours are fabulous and I love your take on the challenge. Your journaling is inspirational too. If only more children were taught to respect both genders there would be less abuse I think. Absolutely love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your journaling is sooooo great to read! Lovely pics.....those circles work a treat & I'm glad you went with the mainly grey palette, & touches of the others.....this is a STUNNER of a page, Helen, I really, really love it:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely page, I love the circle elements and the uncluttered design.. and your journalling is superb, they sound like good men.. wonderful tribute to your Hubby and Son on a very special day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine what kind of men your boys are Helen - ALL of them. I think you instilled good values into your children and they look like kind and caring, good men. This one looks so much like his dad... peas in a pod. I think I am bit like them in character :D I don't like to do housework though :D I am glad that they have found good women to settle with too. It is nice when your kids are settled and happy :D
    Love your take on the sketch and I think the colours are perfect and then just a little hit of the red. A lovely layout and a treasured memory for sure. >3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Helen! Great photos! Love the chipboard pieces and beautiful background! What a wonderful story about the men in your life :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful layout in so many ways....the photos to start with are fabulous...love the circle elements ,the colours are perfect and your journaling is always a treat to read. Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the circles!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous page and like you I love when I can capture those pictures that show the person as they really are without them knowing they were being taken! As always your journaling is heartfelt and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant take on the challenge Helen. Love the whole circle theme here too. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning layout Helen, I really, really, really loved the journalling . What a beautiful description of your men's personalities .
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful page and even more beautiful journaling. Your family is beautiful and I it is precious when you know that they are happy. You taught them some of the most profound values. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic Helen. LOVE the photos! Excellent layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page Helen! Love the styling and such handsome dudes in the photo's!!!! ;-)
    So awesome that all your sons are now married and walking their own paths...but so awesome too that their lives are such a part of yours and anyone can see the closeness and the love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wanted to come back and just say thanks for your beautiful and kind comments on my blog always! I really do appreciate them and so treasure your bloggy friendship! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great take on challenge, lovely memories for your family, XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. so beautiful Helen , classic and charming .. love your use of the colors x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful page Helen, which captures this important moment perfectly. I love how you've just used the little splash of the red, and your gift for journaling is second to none :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Helen - this is fabulous! And I now recognise your husband after meeting him irl! A really stunning page.

    ReplyDelete