Tuesday 28 April 2015

Oh Hello There - CSI DT challenge 162

Hello Scrappy friends, welcome to my blog.
Sorry I've been MIA a bit lately.
For health and family reasons, I've decided to step down from CSI.  I know I will miss it, but hope to find time to play along.  I’m so grateful to Debbi for giving me the opportunity to be part of such a talented and inspiring team. 
Like the look of the challenge?  Well grab your forensic kits and let's get sleuthing.  There's lots of prizes to be won.
To see what the DT and Guests have created for your inspiration.
The background paper is an oldie, but a goodie, 
"Rough and Tough" by Fancy Pants.
 The little pinwheel is by Kaisercraft and 
the speech bubble is by Basic Grey
Love the film strip by Tim Holtz
and the cute robot/space man by Kaisercraft 
I'm not sure where I acquired the fabric flair.
The label is also an oldie, from ?October Afternoon

EVIDENCE
Space elements, Metal, Circles, Stars, Stripes, Something transparent, Swirls, Label, Ink, Die cuts. - I almost used all the Evidence prompts,

TESTIMONY
I chose to write about something funny.

When you were almost 12 months old, one of your favourite toys was your rocket tent.  You were not able to walk, but were able to pull yourselves up, so the holes in the rocket ship were perfect to hang on to and just wonderful to play peek-a-boo.  You spent hours crawling in, peeking out, bobbing down and disappearing.  After a while you learnt how to lean on the sides of the rocket and tip it over.  As you tumbled over together, arms and legs intertwined, your squealing and giggles made us all laugh.  
Photos 15 Jan 2012, Love Granny

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Love this Helen. Such cute photos and lovely memories made into a gorgeous keepsake. Fabulous take on the sketch. Certainly understand about putting family and health first but also sorry to see you leave CSI. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and fun page Helen! ;-) Love the special little details on this page! Sorry to hear that you are leaving CSI....but health and family surely must take priority! I really hope that you are feeling better, really soon...you are often in my thoughts and you will be in my prayers too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is all so delightful! Love the story behind your layout, and love the layout too..precious memory's! And I hope you are ok...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be sad to no see you creating for CSI ...but totally understandable....LOVE that rocket! And the black and red.....it's pretty amazing, especially around the edges with those stripes:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun page Helen, love the rocket ship with the doodling. I will miss seeing your wonderful pages and stories at CSI but you have to get your priorities right. Hope you will still find time to play! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet and endearing page. These memories are so lovely to hold on too, and how fortunate to have a granny like you to record them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page Helen! Love the rocket ship and know it would have been fun to watch! Hate to see you step down but know life gets in the way at times! Hope to keep seeing you there and will continue to follow along here on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, so sorry to see you leave csi. What a fab page though! I love the rocket and stars! Take care of yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. brilliant absolutely brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very sweet Helen! What great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen this is a wonderful page. I love the way the colours pop on the lighter background and the photos are just adorable. Love that rocketship.
    I didn't get to the last CSI case file. We have had such dramas with the dresses and we only have two weeks to go. Stress levels off the chart at the moment. Hope you are well <3 Have a wonderful Mothers Day tomorrow. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sweet page and love the photos too, great little story for your grandchildren to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet and awesome page, Helen! I am so sorry you are leaving. You know I will miss you so much. I'm praying the time away from scrappy obligations will help to heal you! Love you, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely page Helen! I'm sorry to hear your plate is a bit full at the moment but hope you will benefit from the break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Helen, I'm finally able to catch up on some blog lovin'. This is such a fun page! I love the rocket & gorgeous photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a sweet layout! Best wishes to you & your family, hoping the time off helps.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW another stunning layout full of whimsy. You are going off in all sorts of directions and each one as lovely as the one before. I am so sorry to see you go but I understand. You were my absolute inspiration at CSI and it is because of you that I found my voice and I will forever be grateful. I do hope that we see you and your beautiful work. I would hate to see you disappear completely. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete