Thursday 31 December 2015

On the Wallaby

She blogs!!!!!  I thought I’d squeak in a page
on the last day of the Kraft+ challenge.
August was the last time I blogged and I hope to improve my strike rate in 2016.   I was inspired by the Travel theme  and have taken a long time to figure out a new photo editing programme - better late than never!

The page is about a three month trip in our Caravan, North from 
Adelaide to the Northern Territory, across to 
Western Australia and home via the Nullarbor.  

I used a Prima stencil and texture paste to give the impression of 
"droughts and flooding rains" on the map.
The travel quotes are mostly from Pinterest
What an amazing country we live in.  Each day a new landscape and a new adventure.  We didn't plan anything much, just drifted along, camping by the side of a River or in a free park, occasionally staying in a Caravan Park to charge the batteries and wash our clothes.
A misty start to the day, Cooinda Road, Kakadu National Park, N.T.
Love the little caravan flair - it's from Scrap Friends.
The Bungle Bungles, Purnululu National Park, Kimberley region, W.A.

Happy New Year to you all, wishing you good health 
and harmony throughout the year.


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! Love the rugged bits oh your map! And happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hold me up! She BLOGS....yaaaaay:) And what a stunner of a page, to boot. Of course;) LOOOOVE that Aussie map & those photos are amazing.... I hope this is the start of LOTS of blogging in 2016:) And of course - I get to say thanks for sharing with us at KRAFT+ this time around!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Helen! Your page is fantastic! I love the map and the great photos! You sure do live in a gorgeous country. I really enjoyed Melbourne and Sydney when we visited. Too much to see and not enough time :( Hope to see more of your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen!! I LOVE this.... the texture in your map is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, this is brilliant! Lots to love and I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so cool! That texture on the map is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep love this layout, sooooo different, love the map and the quotes just too cool! thanks for joining us at K+

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh so very cool! I love the map of Australia with the texture, love those photos & love the quotes...brilliant design! Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :) I look forward to more blog posts this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm so excited to see you back creating! Woohoo! And what a return! Such a clever page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the well deserved win Helen! Such an amazing layout to showcase a wonderful adventure & yes we are extremely lucky to live in this country. The background map has me totally mesmerised! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. She Blogs Indeed!!!! I hope she doesn't stop again...beautiful page. Your country is about as diverse as South Africa...beautiful rugged beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it's awesome to see you back on the bloggy Helen!!!!!! Such a fabulous page and the map of the country is so super! Love the styling and design! ;-) Wishing you a fabulous 2016 Helen and hoping that is will overflow with abundance, creativity, health and blessings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an outstanding piece of Art Helen....so creative and clever.....Love the texture on the map and the quotes surrounding it. Also love the contrasting photos.....Huge Congrats and a well deserved winner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I just love this layout. It is a work of art. I love the tone on tone and just the pop of colour from the one photo. Everything else muted. What a wonderful trip that must have been. I hope to come one day :D

    ReplyDelete