Wednesday 31 May 2017

Kraft+ June Challenge - Create

Hello again Scrappy Friends, welcome to June where today I'm sharing a post for Kraft+

The challenge is to use just ONE colour on Kraft.  Black, white and neutrals as accents are OK, and different shades of the one colour are fine too.

My absolute favourite colour is blue and I loved the chance to scrap an older photo using one of my other favourite things; Maja papers. 
Do you have a favourite colour? Or one that you are not too keen on, but would like to challenge yourself with? 
Come, join us and be in the running for one of the fabulous prizes 
from our generous sponsors.
The Maja range is called "Summertime" and it reminds me of a dress I wore as a teenager which was covered in blue roses. I felt very special in that dress.
I fussy cut a lot of the roses and clustered them with Prima lace flowers and a few crystals.  The title word is by Scrapmatts.  The tags were cut with Paper Rose dies.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
I love reading your comments and they are greatly appreciated.

8 comments:

  1. I am truly in awe of your scrapbooking skills, Helen! I could sit & stare at this page all day! I can see why these are some of your favorite papers--so, so beautiful! The fussy cut flowers with those gorgeous lace ones & crystals are just stunning! Love the bit of white stenciling on the kraft & the beautiful tag die cuts! Wish we weren't across the world from each other--I'd love to sit & watch you create--& bet we'd be good friends in person, too! PS--hope you like the Nuvo Drops. I find they really are easy to use, as long as you have enough courage--haha! You can't move them around like pearls or gems before permanently attaching them, but sometimes I spent way too much time anyway debating on exactly where they belonged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous Helen!! Blue is my fave colour too and I adore the mix of papers you have used. A fabulous design with all the different layers and those tags are really nice .. love the faux stitched edges. Beautiful photo as well and so beautifully showcased!! Thanks for sharing!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty page Helen, I love the papers you have used and what an elegant and beautiful photo... love the stitching too! I got my sewing machine out the other day to go some sewing on a layout and you know what ever could go wrong did!! First the cotton was out of the needle, had to get my threader out to help me thread the needle, then it all knotted up at the back , then the bobbin ran out and I had to refill that...hehe... what an effort!!! love the floral design on the papers.. Blue is my fav color too! Enjoy whats left of this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning combination of kraft and blue, so suitable for the photo. WTG for all the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow Helen this is beautiful. The blue floral PP is so pretty , You have highlighted the gorgeous photo perfectly, it really shines. I love the image of the bike poking out with the basket of blue flowers as well...... perfection . I am not sure what my fave colour is , but I do tend to lean towards the vintage colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This page is soooo you! Elegant, pretty and beautiful! Fab design and the papers...likes I said....were made just for that photo! Perfectly perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bold stripes in the dress are stunning with the soft pastels, my kinda mix! Love this so so much. The kraft is so calming and grounds it all. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you..... I love all the layers behind that beautiful photo. Blue and Kraft a wonderful colour combo. x

    ReplyDelete