Thursday 1 June 2017

Stuck?! Sketches June 1st 2017 - DT layout - Beautiful You

Welcome back to my blog today where I'm sharing a DT page for


I hope you will feel inspired to join in and be eligible for one of the lovely prizes. 
 "The scrumptious papers I used are  from Cocoa Vanilla, 
"Wild at Heart, collection "Grow Wild"
I added a Kaisercraft card stock border in soft pink - "Ballet" 
The butterflies were fussy cut from the Cocoa Vanilla range too, "Mariposa"
The flowers are from the die cut ephemera.
The Guipure lace flowers are from Prima, they have been in my stash for a while.
The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-

On this day, you had pulled all the soft toys out to inspect them and see which ones might be suitable for your new little cousin who was expected after Christmas.
You put aside two in particular, that you thought she might like.  The dog you are holding makes a "panting" noise and your second choice was the butterfly, which  jingles and rustles.  You are delighted that you are going to be her big girl cousin and you plan on teaching her the rules around Granny's home.  Most importantly she's not to go into the Scrap room without Granny, because there's too many precious things in there.  
You are going to explain to her that her that:-
 "Eyes are for looking with - not fingers!"
Love Granny, 14th December 2016

Our sponsors this time are:- 
 $20.00 Gift Certificate
Thanks for calling in.   I love it when you leave a comment; I so enjoy reading them.

If this is your first visit to my blog - welcome, I hope you found something to inspire you.   New followers are very welcome, just click  the Follow me on Bloglovin' button. 

13 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures & gorgeous paper! Love those lace flowers & the butterflies--a wonderful page, Helen! What a sweet memory to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty girl deserves nothing but a beautiful layout. I love the simple, yet elegant, design with the lovely sketch. So good to see your workk, it sure inspire me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Helen, the photos really pop off the page wiht that background paper! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Love the colours and love paper you used for the background on this page Helen, those adorable photos really pop!! The lace, flowers and cute butterflies are the perfect finishing touches!! A beautiful layout!! Have a fabulous weekend!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Helen, your layout is so beautiful.. the papers are gorgeous but the photos steal the show for sure!! Love this sweet face.. and the journalling made me smile too... love the eyes are for looking with.. not fingers.... hehe.. yes especially in ones scrap room!!! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos and page, Helen! Just love all the florals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page Helen, the photos really pop off of the floral background paper, so impactful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout Helen! How gorgeous are those photos, they simply pop off that beautiful paper. Thank you for your continued support & comments on my blog, it's very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the rules at Grannies house, I must remember them for when we get some more little ones :) A delightful page, your Granddaughter seems like a real character and its going to be so nice for her to look back and read your wonderful journalling

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehe I love that - "eyes are for looking with, not fingers", must try and introduce that one myself! Beautiful page Helen, I always shy away from patterned paper as a background but this looks so pretty, clean a fresh, perfect for those gorgeous pics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet page of your grandi! ;-) I love the pretty papers and they match perfectly with those pretty photo's! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those tucks and tags make for such stunning embellishments. I adore the paper and have been using one similar this weekend. Goes perfectly with the darling photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful little girl...the photos pop on the floral background paper. Once again I loved your journaling and the Grannie rules made me smile. Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete