Sunday 1 October 2017

Kraft+ October challenge - Louvre

Hello again Scrappy Friends, welcome to October where today I'm sharing a post for 

Kraft+
The challenge is to use see through materials on your layout, with Kraft as your background.  First, I went looking for a photo to suit the theme and came up with this one of the Louvre, a striking glass building in Paris.  Then what to use to support the photo?  Some of my teamies helped out with suggestions.  Think Vellum, Acetate, Clear letters etc.  So I rummaged around in my stash and liberated some older products and I'm happy with the result.
Everything old is new again!
The gold and vellum triangle was created with a remnant of Crate paper.
The patterned paper at the bottom is an old, old piece by 7 Gypsies called Fleur de Lys.
The stamped chevrons are by VivaLasVegaStamps.
The clear letters are also old, Heidi Swapp Ghost letters, I coloured them with
Tim Holtz alcohol inks and stitched them down.
The stamped image is Fleur de Lys from Stampers Anonymous
which I wet embossed with "Aged Taupe" by Stampendous.
The film strip is from Tim Holtz.

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
This stunning building is a newer addition to the enormous Louvre and I love the contrasting architecture between the old and the new. Can't help but wonder about the debate between the conservatives and progressives, which preceded the approval for the building.  Maybe it was a bit like the nonsense that went on in Sydney during the construction of the landmark Opera House.  We queued with hordes of other tourists to see the Mona Lisa; so much smaller than I imaged her to be; and preferred less crowded spaces like the Degas exhibition.
I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.
If you leave details of you blog, I'd be happy to return the favour.

10 comments:

  1. Your creativity & artistry leaves me speechless, Helen! So appropriate for a picture of The Louvre! I'll never get to Paris, but The Getty museum in California is fantastic & free--would love to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Helen this looks fabulous, just love the design, perfect for your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Helen, I think this is very clever creating, as well as very eye catching! A fantastic take on the challenge.. and i have to admit I have used some pretty old stuff on my Kraft+ layout this month too.. and it feels good to use it too!! Oh and I think we are on 3 DT's together now!!! Kraft+ Scrapmatts and Stuck?! how cool is that!!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful page Helen. I love how you've incorporated the Fleur de Lis & the triangular shapes to reflect the photo. I must admit I wasn't a fan of the glass pyramid to begin with but it has grown on me & I agree with you about the Mona Lisa. I was quite under-whelmed by her. she is very overrated & I have many more paintings on my favourites list, many of which I was lucky enough to see in real life. Degas' ballerina paintings are amongst my very favourite works. Thanks for sharing your memories xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is so clever Helen! I love how the gold triangles echo the shape of the glass pyramid (I do wonder whether this is just a showpiece or if they actually do have a use for it) and I also love the strip of Fleur de Lis paper at the bottom. A brilliant take on the Challenge!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! As if your use of kraft and gold and those lines wasn't impressive enough, you go and pull off some rock star letter work! Those inky alphas are so amazing! This is really a feast for the eyes, my friend. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great and clever design for the Louvre. Love the gold lined vellum too. Gorgeous work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very clever and eye catching. You have done a wonderful job with the challenge Helen . I love how you have the gold and vellum in the triangle shape continuing on from the Louvre . Love the film strip and your tile looks wonderful. I really like the new against the old , I think it is interesting and yep the Mona Lisa is not very big, but I still think she is amazing. Just blows me away the art to see in these galleries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW I just love your take on this challenge your page is just gorgeous so striking and the gold lined vellum is perfect. Love what you did to the title. It is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe inspiring!!! *sigh* Just amazing Helen, creative, clever and brilliant.
    Really love your take on this challenge. Lovely to read your journaling. xx

    ReplyDelete