Monday 30 October 2017

Scrap Matrix Challenge November 2017- Watercolour and Words

Hello scrappy friends, welcome back to my blog where today I'm sharing something I created for the Scrap Matrix October challenge. 

The challenge is called "Watercolour and Words. " Create something using a watercolour product (so many choices!) and include words of some sort (stickers, stencilled, chipboard etc)
I was inspired by the Design Team and their amazing projects and decided to have a play with my under used Dylusions water colour inks.  These are available at Scrap Matrix.

Having noticed various splattered trees on Pinterest, I wanted to attempt that
technique and add a quote which means a lot to me.

After five or six attempts, all of which ended up in the bin, I was ready to call it a day, but then on one the last try, I achieved the shape I was aiming for.   
Such an frustrating and enjoyable project - it leaves me wanting to know more about water colours and why they behave the way they do. 

Thanks for calling in today, it's always a joy to read your comments.  
They are so much appreciated.  

7 comments:

  1. Oh.my.goodness!!! This is absolutely divine Helen! Your tree is stunning!!! Beautifully shaped and shaded and such gorgeous colouring in the canopy! I really love the quote .. so very true .. and beautfully written! A true work of heART!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow perseverance has paid off, this is stunning! I find water colors are not for the control freak as they tend to do what they want most of the time and are so uncontrollable!! (for me anyways!!) I love the quote, and love your tree.. I hope this gets framed and put on display, it looks amazing!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Helen! What a gorgeous work of art! Your watercolored tree looks stunning! Can't wait to see more of your artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great, I am enjoying your journey using inks, water colour etc. The writing also looks fabulous, my writing is hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* A masterful piece of Art. A lady of many talents! I love visiting to see what you have been up to and you never disappoint. Really love this. Perseverance paid off cos this is really gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness--how did I miss this?! You are an artist, Helen--should be framed! I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow....this is fabulous! Love, love love!!!!

    ReplyDelete