Wednesday 1 November 2017

Kraft+ November challenge Think Big - Adventure

Hello again Scrappy Friends, welcome to November, where today I'm sharing a post for Kraft+
That's right.. use something BIG on your creation! 

Think BIG photos, BIG titles, BIG embellishments, a photo of something BIG
Anything.. but make it BIG!
When I first looked at this mood board, all I could think of was the talented horse "Think Big", who twice won the Melbourne cup, back in the 1970's.  However, I'm not a race goer nor do I have a lot to do with horses, so I needed to focus elsewhere.
When shuffling through my photos for inspiration, I came across this one which was taken on Loch Lomond in Scotland.  I'd met a woman from Canada that I hadn't seen for about half a century.  From opposite ends of our BIG world, we just happened to be on the same tour and she recognised me!
I used a cut file to create the BIG title and the map of the world.
The colours were created with various shades of alcohol inks.
I love they way they turned out.

The journalling is on the page, but it's a bit hard to read, 
so I've included it here, if you are interested.


If this is your first visit to my blog -  I hope you found something to inspire you and I hope you will come and play along at Kraft+ this month.   

7 comments:

  1. Wow Helen this looks amazing, love the title and the map!! And the journaling is fabulous is too <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to meet up with someone after all that time!! Our world may be big but it really is small in a lot of respects! I love your interpretation of the Challenge Helen!! Your world map with all those amazing colours is awesome! Add to that, the gorgeous photo of you and your friend and the lovely journaling and the result is a fabulously stunning page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats amazing running into each other 50 years later ! Fantastic layout , love the colours you have created with the inks. We went to Loch Lomond in 2015, I loved Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing & fun! Love the picture--beautiful use of the alcohol inks, Helen--love the map!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An AMAZING page all round, the story for starters, how wonderful, then the alcohol ink works on the big title and map of the world and the photo. Love it all Helen. Thanks for the inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work with the alcohol inks and a gorgeous design...perfectly done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Cutting the alcohol ink background this way gives it the most incredible effect, like fine marble or stained glass... And the modern vibe from pairing it with kraft thrills me! That is what I love most about your work, the mix of modern freshness with artsy design and a little grunge. :) Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete