Sunday 10 December 2017

Scrap Matix Challenge, 7 Dots Studio - Love

Welcome to my blog during this busy time of the year;
I hope your preparations are coming along according to plan.

Today I’m sharing a layout for the Scrap Matrix challenge,
which was to use 7 Dots Studio Products.  
Inspired by the colours of the teething beads,  I've chosen to scrap an older photo of one of my Grand boys. The colours of the new Paint Chips range matched well.
The background I used is called Underpaper.
I teemed it with some of the sheets from the Paint chips 6"x6" pad,
and a tag from Destination unknown collection.

The chipboard frame is from Scrap FX - I treated it with Ranger Enamel Accents
and Tattered Angels glimmerglaze.

The metal butterfly has a few Prills for the middle.
I added a cluster of circle elements.  The flair is from Graphic 45
The yellow element is a Prima Art Pebble &  the small brad is from October Afternoon.

The texture paste was applied through a 13 @rts stencil
The Stamps are by Paper Artsy.


The words strips are also from 7 Dots Studio, the Lost and Found Collection.

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
Every face tells a story and yours shows your impish nature and the way your eyes light up when you see someone you love.  I see lots of bruises and scratches on your face; testimony to your fearless nature and love of climbing and exploring.
Your face is smothered in sunscreen and your shoulders are bare,  so we must have been heading outside for some water play in the little blow up pool.
You remind me so much of your Daddy at the same age.
26th January 2013, love Granny.

I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.

12 comments:

  1. What an adorable picture of your grandson, Helen--such a cute baby! I really love the frame & the prills with the butterfly--gorgeous! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout Helen! What a sweetie your grandson is! Love all the golden details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning page Helen! A really adorable photo of your grandie and, oh yes, I remember when my boys were little how they used to get scrapes and scratches from trying to climb anything that got in their way! LOL!! Love all the gold colours .. so dramatic and yet suits the photo beautifully!! The frame is lovely and, of course, I adore the prills you added to the butterfly .. looks wonderful!! Enjoy what's left of the weekend!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable photo and a gorgeous page Helen. Love the 7 Dots papers, the touch of MM on the background and the perfect embellies. Thanks for the inspiration. Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, stunning LO, I love how the colours match the beads, and what a lovely photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning layout, love the colours and photo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful, I love the stencilling on the back ground and the colors match the photo so well, and such an adorable cherub in the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a shining layout, that makes a perfect match to this sweet photo of your grandson. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful page Helen, those papers and embellishments and all your gorgeous artsy touches, perfect with the picture of your little sweeite - he does have cheeky twinkle :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rich colours you have used for your layout Helen and love how that sweet photo is highlighted in the circle and the cirlce elements finishing it off beautifully. Your journalling is always a joy to read and I love how you described his fearless nature. We have a little neighbour who is 2 years old and he to has a fearless nature that he wears with scratches and bumps.
    Happy Christmas Helen and a wonderful New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely adore this Helen! What incredible color, yet grounded by the sweet natural photo. Love the stenciling and stamped details! This truly brightened my day. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page is pure gold....the colour included! So absolutely stunning! ;-) Love everything about it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete