Friday 1 December 2017

Stuck?! Sketches DT 1st Dec 2017 - Power, go get 'em

Welome back to my blog today where I'm sharing a DT page for
I hope you will feel inspired to join in and be eligible for one of the 
lovely prizes listed below.  
This sketch had me puzzled for a while, until I came across these, fairly ordinary photos, but they have a story to tell and some of you will know, I'm always keen to tell the story behind the images and bring the people to life.  I made the strips from off cuts of patterned papers. The yellow is from Echo Park, "That's my boy" range, the grey is from Simple Stories, "DIY boutique' and the black and white stripe is a seriously ancient scrap of Basic Grey, "Black Tie"  I'll be sad when this is all used.
I chose colours to team with the football guernseys the boy's were wearing.
The turquoise splatters were made by mixing Colour Blast paste and Dylusions paint.
The enamel dots are from Doodlebug designs "Matte sprinkles"
The yellow die cuts are from Uniquely Creative and the "Go get 'em" title is by 
Pink Fresh Studio.

I've  added the Boy's favourite players next to them and the Power logo next to the Power supporter.  The other twin will have his team logo on his page.  For some reason, he's decided to barrack for Richmond and luckily for him, his team won the Grand final this year, for the first time in 37 years!

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
You Boys at 6.5 years are in love with Aussie rules football.  Your Paternal family have followed Port Power for generations and it's great to see you out side, learning skills, getting fit and taking an interest in the football code we follow here in South Australia. You played for a team in the Auskick competition during the winter and were lucky enough to be chosen to play on the Adelaide oval before one of the AFL games.   What an honour!  You were so excited to be mixing with your heros.  Love Granny 2nd April 2017

Our sponsors this time are:-
They are donating a themed prize pack.

and
Bramble Fox is also offering all of our readers 10% off in their shop with the code STUCK10, until December 31st!

As always, we want to show you how much we appreciate that you play along with us and share your designs and talent with us so we will be choosing one scrapbooker from each challenge to guest with us at a later date! For example, our chosen scrapbooker from our December 1st challenge will guest for our February 1st challenge! 
Thanks for calling in.   I love it when you leave a comment; I so enjoy reading them.
If this is your first visit to my blog - I hope you found something to inspire you. 

12 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is stunning Helen!! I love the black background .. makes everything simple pop off the page .. and those bright stripes of paper look amazing!! Love the sprays and splatters on the background too and, of course, the photos are gorgeous!! Awesome page!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun page, Helen! The papers are perfect & such a creative use of the sketch! Think I have that sun die or one similar, but have never used it. Being the daughter of a radio sports broadcaster, I love sports, and especially enjoyed reading your journaling explaining the meaning behind the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on this sketch Helen! Please tell the boy on the left that he is so clever - the rest of his family barrack for the wrong team but he's got it right at such a young age! Go Tiges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, such a striking LO, that black behind the coloured strips of paper really makes the whole project pops, and the photos are just lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful story to tell and I think the most important part of scrapbooking. The sketch is a great way to use up those strips of paper we all end up with ( I did it on my last layout ) Might have to join in this challenge as well. Have a wonderful week Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours are perfect on the black background. Love the touch of MM. The photos are fabulous and as always your journaling is wonderful. You nailed the sketch! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Helen, love the way your elements just pop off of the dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layout Helen! Such darling photos! Great mix of cheerful papers! You are making me want to pull out some photos and scrap! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fabulous page! ;-) The black background is so stunning and really makes the colours pop! ;-) These 2 boys are such cuties...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How darling are they! I love love the black background and the addition of the hero photos. <3 Merry Christmas, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant page Helen, I always enjoy Laura's sketches and in fact I've collected quite a few of them now to use when I feel "Stuck". I love your take on it, those colours look fab against the dark background, especially like the turquoise splashes you've created. Great way to use up some of my neverending supply of offcuts too! :o) Annie C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful take on the sketch Hellen, fabulous photos of the Grand children. Oh I wish I had time to join in.

    ReplyDelete