Thursday 1 March 2018

Stuck?! Sketches! DT 1st March 2017 - Chasing Dreams

Welcome to my blog where today I’m sharing a DT layout for 

At first, I wasn’t quite sure where to go with this challenge because the photos are small, but as they were taken on Christmas day, I thought they deserved a place in our Grand daughter’s album.  
I’m quite happy with the way it all came together in the end.

The background paper is from Blue Fern, Montage collection, “Now and then.”
I used 7 Dots Studio “Paint Chips’ collettion behind the photos.

The washi tape is from my stash.

The heart circles are a cut file from “Just Nick”.  I coloured the cut file with a mixture of Ranger Distress Oxides, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick, Antique Linen.
The Title and the puffy butterfly are from Maggie Holmes “Chasing dreams’ collection.
I popped a couple of crystals into the clusters, they are from Prima.

The little wooden dog embellie, reminds me of my Grand daughter’s dog; He is a Schnoodle.  
 I found the embellishment in a dollar shop.

The journalling is on the back of the page and it reads:-
It was so exciting to wake up with you in our home on Christmas morning.  You'd travelled the scenic route, along the Great Ocean Road, from your home in Melbourne, bringing Alfie, your dog, along for the ride.  You didn't really know what Christmas was all about, but you enjoyed ripping the wrapping paper and banging a little wooden hammer on your Xylophone.  Your big cousins enjoyed having you in their pool with them after lunch and you survived their attentions pretty well!  You love your Doggie, often attempting to give him kisses and snuggles which he tolerates with good humour.
Love Granny, Christmas day 2017

Our generous sponsors for this challenge are:-

They are donating a themed prize pack.
and
Thanks for calling in, I hope you found something to inspire you.

I enjoy reading your comments and appreciate you leaving them.  Thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty page, I love the way you've coloured the cut file and it looks really good agains that background - I might see if I can copy that idea but a low-tech version ... hmmmm .... your pages are always an inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--this is a treasure, Helen! The pictures are darling & the paper is gorgeous! The doggy embellishment is just too cute! Maybe Alfie would like to play with our Schnauzer, Fritz--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page once again Helen! You should be happy with how it came together .. it is really lovely! Loving the orange against the pale blue background .. you've coloured up that cut file very nicely. A precious memory beautifully captured and recorded. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A soft and beautiful page! ;-) Love that die-cut and the design! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super pretty page, love that circle cut file and how you have coloured it, matches your background paper perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh of course these photos are lovely and should be in an album of special memories.. love your circle elements and great colors too.. love the blue fern papers... and thanks for your comments on my blog... being a grandma is very special..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page, love how you coloured the cut file!

    ReplyDelete