Friday 27 April 2018

Helen's First Monochromatic Tic Tac Toe project.

Welcome back to my blog, where today I'm sharing a project for 
SCRAP MATRIX
The challenge is to create a project using a tic tac toe monochromatic theme.
For those of you who have not come across this before, the idea is to use any three objects from the grid, but they must be in a straight line horizontally, vertically or even diagonally. You may use any monochromatic colours you like.

Here is the chart
I've elected to use red as my colour and my three items are
Paint, Chipboard and buttons, flairs or brads.

I've watched a few mixed media you tube videos recently and came across a site recommended by my friend Margaret Mifsud, when she made some ATC's.  I was inspired to create a background with book pages, texture paste, embossing, stamping and inks.
I wanted to feature this Blue Fern chipboard, which
 comes in a square. I decided to feature the numbers
so I popped some of the squares out of the chipboard.
Then I cut the chipboard into sections and painted it with Dylusions Black paint.
Next, I heat embossed random patches of the chipboard with
To create the background of the page, I tore up some old book pages into random strips and adhered them onto a white background with Art Basic Gel
I added some plasterers tape, some Washi tape and some 
Another layer was added with  Tim Holtz texture paste, through various stencils and
then heat embossed with Stampendous white embossing powder.
 The next layers were made with various stamps, Distress Oxides and Red Gelatos.
I added some stars and brads.
A closer look.
Some of the texture details.

Thanks for your visit today. 
I hope you've found something to inspire you and will be tempted 
to play along at the Scrap Matrix Tic Tac Toe challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Wow--what an incredible page, Helen! You are so talented using all those elements together--I'd just end up with a mess! Darling picture of your grandson & I know your journaling is wonderful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing page Helen and great choices of colour and other elements from the tic tac toe! It all came together beautifufully around that sweet photo!

    As you may remember I have been away for about a month with a blog break, so apologies for lack of visiting, but back home now and looking forward to coming by more regularly again :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Helen! There are so many interesting details on that background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your layout Helen, I love all the details, the chippie looks marvelous in the pieces and great textures on the back ground... a new fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gasp! love all that beautiful mixed media work Helen, there's so much to take in on this page, but the photo is still the star of the show, just as it should be. Wonderful page :o)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, such an awesome page, love the step x step. And that background texture looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is amazing Helen!! Your background is wonderful .. I love the colour mix and the book pages, texture and chippies look fabulous. Thank you so much for the sweet shout out .. much appreciated! Enjoy what's left of the weekend! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Helen,
    I just saw your comment over on my blog... rest up and get well soon.. I had surgery last november and I made myself have the rest I needed... and I mended well... Take care of yourself.. and thanks for your good wishes for the new team.. I am looking forward to creating with sketches again.. I really enjoyed being on the Stuck?! Team! take care now... xx love Lizzy..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous boy page! Love the red, white and black! Stars and numbers are always so cool for boys! Love your process photo's too...always nice to see how someone else does it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It blows my mind how you switch from artistic, to mixed media to clean and simple with such seeming ease. This is lovely and I can't believe how big your kids have gotten seems like just yesterday the twins were toddlers and Esther was a baby... now they are all grown up and there is a new kid on the block. :D Love your layouts

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing Helen....great step by step tutorial too. I agree with Val you can do any style and it looks brilliant. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic layout Helen! Darling photo! Love all the texture and dimension! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

    ReplyDelete